The Cultural Activities Trust Fund, better known as the CAT Fund, helps fund cultural events on campus at Red Deer Polytechnic. The committee that administers this fund consists of RDP students and faculty.
In the past, the CAT Fund has helped provide outstanding drama, dynamic speakers on current affairs, science, philosophy, and inspired musical performances. Student Groups are encouraged to make use of this fund.
Completed CAT Fund applications may be returned to the CAT Fund Chairperson or the CAT Fund Secretary.
- in person: at Students’ Association Office, Room 2010
- by fax: 403-347-8510
- by email:
- Activities that are remarkable for the stimulation of the intellect, imagination, and aesthetic senses;
- Activities that are not likely to be available or sponsored in the mainstream of entertainment, media, or information sources;
- Projects that lead to the creation, organization, and execution of an activity at RDP that will have an impact on the “culture” of the polytechnic community;
- Activities that reflect the polytechnic as an institution of higher learning and one that explores and/or introduces the unconventional;
- Activities that reflect a high degree of creative involvement on the part of the polytechnic community;
- Activities that are attractive and challenging to students;
- Activities that are open to the entire RDP community.