Member Engagement Assistant – Students’ Association Office
What you will be doing:
As the Member Engagement Assistant you will work closely with the Member Engagement Manager and the Street Team to support the planning, promotion, implementation, and evaluation of all Association events, initiatives, and elections. As well as organizing awareness campaigns, educational events, social events, and Association programs. The Member Engagement Assistant will be responsible for engaging all student groups and working with them to build a community of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
This job can be whatever you make it to be, so dream big and set your goals high!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan & successfully execute awareness campaigns, social events, and Association initiatives
- Promotion, space booking, and purchasing of supplies
- Prepare budgets and event reconciliations
- Attend all Member Engagement activities
- Ensure the Street Team has an ongoing presence on campus
- Host weekly Breakfast program
- Plan and lead student group general meetings
- Offer resources and support to maximize student groups presence and lend to their success
- Attend and act as recording secretary for the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and Mental Health Committees
- Assist the Operations Director with front office duties as directed
What will the right person look like?
The ideal candidate for this position is outgoing, creative, and organized. You are comfortable approaching students and are willing to learn. We are small but mighty team, who is looking for a team player who is willing to learn and think outside of the box.
Your experience includes:
- 1-2 years of post-secondary education
- Experience in events and promotion
- Familiar with virtual hosting
- 25 hours per week
- Hourly rate: $20
- Monday – Friday
- Some early mornings and evenings REQUIRED
**Possibility of extension of hours and term**
Reference ID: MEA-1021
_ _ _ _ _ _
The Students’ Association tries to meet the needs of students in a variety of ways and is proud to be one of the largest employers of students at Red Deer Polytechnic. It employs students in a variety of areas including the Far Side Bar & Grill and the Lift.
Monies generated are used to provide services, events, awareness campaigns, and help fund student scholarships and awards at RDP.